* Voor deze internationale webinar is accreditatie aangevraagd bij EACCME.
Aim of the webinar
We will focus on understanding the causes, recognising the symptoms, and knowing how and when to intervene to manage cardiotoxicity in oncology patients. We will talk with three international experts to deliver the most recent information concerning cardiotoxicity in cancer patients being treated with common chemotherapeutic agents. The aim is to highlight the importance of the development of a multidisciplinary therapy approach with a focus on cardiotoxicity, leading to cardiovascular interventions at an earlier stage of chemotherapy.
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of medical specialists, hospitalists, physicians and other clinicians (i.e., nurses) involved in the management of oncology patients.
During the introduction of the webinar, our moderator will test the knowledge of the participants on cardiotoxicity via poll questions (i.e., pre-test). Afterwards, the speakers will present their work.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
- Know which baseline tests to order prior to chemotherapy
- Recognise subclinical and early symptoms of cardiotoxicities
- Differentiate current agents for the management of cardiotoxicity
- Apply current guidelines and best-available evidence to the management of cardiotoxicity in patients treated with chemotherapy
- Employ evidence-based strategies for care coordination to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and long-term complications