The upper neck is a unique spinal anatomical region which requires a special clinical approach in rehabilitation. It is a very mobile region with highly accurate and sensitive motor skills and with important neurological connections to the vestibular, ocular and trigeminal nervous systems. Noxious stimuli & dysfunction in this region may quite easily lead to cranio-facial pain (Cervicogenic Headache) and sensory-motor complaints as dizziness.
This region tends to response well to manual therapy techniques combined with specific therapeutic exercise.
In this course, participants will learn an effective evidence based assessment & practical management of people with musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction in their cranio-cervical region.
Aims & Learning Objectives :
After completing to course participant will be able to:
- Know the up to date scientific background of musculoskeletal pain & dysfunction in the cranio-cervical region (mainly cervicogenic headache & cervicogenic dizziness)
- Recognize signs & symptoms of serious medical problem (non-musculoskeletal) in people with headaches/dizziness and will know how to response accordingly
- Practically know how to assess, evaluate & recognize common clinical patterns in people with musculoskeletal pain & dysfunction in the cranio-cervical region (mainly cervicogenic headache & dizziness)
- Practically use a relevant clinical reasoning model of management in people with cervicogenic headache & dizziness
- Effectively & safely treat people with cervicogenic headache & dizziness
Lectures (40%) & practical sessions (60%)
Doelgroep van de cursus : Kinesitherapeuten, manueel therapeuten, artsen, osteopaten en chiropractoren.
Inbegrepen : Syllabus, warme maaltijd en koffiepauzes.