This is the preliminary program of EVC 2020, taking place on March 22-24 in Maastricht, the Netherlands. The European Cardiovascular Course (ECC) is organized back-to-back with EVC and addresses ascending aorta and aortic arch pathologies.
The UEMS Board of Vascular Surgery will organize the European vascular surgery examinations at EVC on Saturday, March 21.
This year, MedTech Europe has classified EVC as a Third Party Organized Procedure Training, allowing member medical companies to financially support delegates to participate at EVC (travel, hospitality, registration fee).
The main goal of EVC is to provide theoretical and practical education, offering participants the most recent knowledge on arterial, venous, cardiovascular and vascular access subjects.
Supplementary to the invited lectures and edited videos, we organize more than 250 training workshops on diagnostics, decision-making, simulation, team training, scientific education, open and endovascular techniques. Moreover, challenging case discussions in small groups allow you to share your views and
experience with the experts in the field.
Arterial program, Venous program, Vascular access program, Cardiovascular program
• 45 invited lectures on arterial subjects
• Edited video’s on surgical and endovascular techniques
• Workshops on carotid, aortic and peripheral endovascular and surgical procedures
• Case discussions on carotid, peripheral and aortic subjects
• Master class on scientific writing
• Anastomotic master class
Vascular Access program
• 38 invited lectures on vascular access subjects
• New workshops including hands-on training stations and case-based discussions on a basic and advanced level
• Edited video’s on open and percutaneous vascular access procedures
• Vascular access master class on human cadaver models
• Dialyses nurses session and workshops
• 40 lectures on venous subjects
• Workshops on Duplex, thrombolysis, thrombectomy, stenting, ablation, MRV, ulcer treatment and compression therapy
• Edited video’s on venous procedures
• Case based interactive discussions
• ICC session
• 12 invited lectures on aortic root, aortic valve, ascending aorta and aortic arch
• Edited video’s on surgical and
• Case discussions on aortic root,
ascending aorta and aortic arch pathologies
• Workshops on TAVI, valve sparing, debranching, Bentall, arch repair and
frozen elephant techniques