Als u als professional deze cursus gevolgd heeft dan wordt de presentie ingegeven door de opleider.
The Schema Therapy (ST) Mode model is well suited to the eating disordered population, particularly those with complex problems, rigid personality traits & interpersonal difficulties. Schema Therapy (ST) is an integrative therapeutic approach aimed at treating those with entrenched interpersonal, self-identity and characterological difficulties. One of the focal guiding strategies in ST is the development of a formulation & treatment plan which links early origins & underlying functions of eating disorders with current symptoms. This model addresses change not only at an intellectual/cognitive level, but also incorporates techniques that lead to emotional & behavioural change. ST techniques specifically target the rigid belief systems & high levels of avoidance characteristic of both characterological disorders & complex eating disorders that frequently interfere with progress in traditional treatments.
This workshop will describe:
- Key features of the Schema Therapy Model & rationale for application with eating disorders
- Strategies for change, with an emphasis on deeper level change with core beliefs/schemas
- Preliminary evidence for the Schema Therapy model with eating disorders
- An opportunity to practice using powerful methods of addressing the ’Anorexic Voice’
- Case study examples to enable participants to consider how they could apply schema change techniques with complex eating disorder clients.
- Opportunity to think about how you could apply schema change techniques with your own complex eating disorder clients.